Do you ever have that moment when you’re falling asleep or have just woken up and suddenly the answer to a problem you’ve been working on is magically in your head? Thankfully, that happens to me sometimes, and recently it fixed a problem in my game. As I mentioned in the procedural generation blog post, most things were generating as expected, but I was having a problem getting my instanced static meshes to populate in the right place. They just kept defaulting to 0,0,0. I tried a number of ways to initialize them in an attempt to fix the problem, but it wasn’t working. I put it out of my head and started working on other things. A few days later, as I fell asleep, I realized that I was initializing it in the wrong place. I almost forgot about my revelation. I had family in town and I wasn’t really planning to work on my game that day, but when I remembered, I figured I’d pop the file open real quick and give it a try. And it worked! It took at most 2 minutes, and suddenly, this issue that had plagued me was fixed. I tested and tested, to make sure it was real, and it was. 😀 Now there will be unique terrain-features (mountains, rocks…) layout everytime you start a new level.